Friday, February 12, 2010

Untitled

BEFORE AND AFTER
The before as you can see is a very plain 4 season porch. I thought, why not here - it could be a very cozy room for 6! Perfect!
Neutral colors - perfect backdrop.  The colors I chose are fresh and modern.  Bright green, vibrant blue, lots of silver and a splash of red.  All I had to do was switch out the furniture!  I added a thick green ribbon on the sides of the curtains to bring in color to the walls - instead of painting!  
Brought in the dining room table, chairs and a bench!  
******* Remember layers adds great interest to a table.  First a neutral table cloth, 1 1/2 yards of accent green fabric cut into thirds for table runners placed on the shorter length of the table.  then a glitter blue ribbon placed along the sides of the green fabric for detail.
Next the plates - Silver chargers I bought at last years holiday clearance, next a accent blue paper napkin placed across the plate.  (saved money on not buying cloth)   
*******Everyone should have a set of white basic plates they work with any tablescape!
For more interest and individuality I took brown paper and cut out a scroll design and the initial of each guests name, placed them on the white plate.  To see the design I placed a clear plate on top then a smaller clear plate over that and then a silver party cracker to start the evening with a pop!
********  Second hand store is a great place to find silver serving pieces.  I got a great deal, I found cute small silver wine glasses, what a steal for 1.00 each, next to that I placed individual bottles of champagne, clear stemware for water.  For the center of the table I used strands of silver beads, silver balls and a few glitter red berries. 
Lastly, very holiday table needs candles for that sparkly ambiance! 
Everyone looks better in candlelight and after a few glasses of vino....


Posted via email from kellikaufer's posterous

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...love the motif and the ornaments hanging. I am all about hanging things right now when I have a party to create more interest.
    Holly
    504 Main
    Hip Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks holly. i just went to your blog, i love your tablescape for two. very pretty!

    ReplyDelete