Thursday, February 4, 2010

#1 VOTED FAVORITE BATH ON BATHtastic DESIGNED BY KELLI KAUFER - ME!

The homeowners requested a earthy, calming bath retreat and it was far from it....

They had it in their budget to make a big splash and I think I succeeded!

When you first walk into the space you see that huge wall.  It was a eye sore in the before photos and I knew that was to be the focal point.

I wanted that to really be a WOW, I first looked for tile to put on the back wall then I found this stone at http://www.norstoneusa.com/stacked_stone_rock_panel_ochre.asp I liked the color and really loved the texture.  It was pretty easy to install and no grout!  I continued the stone on the back lower half of the wall and in the recessed area of the vanity.  Continuing the stone in other areas of the room gave it a high end custom look.

The vanity looked worn and a bit tired so we gave it an inexpensive facelift.  Sanding it lightly and adding a dark gel stain, gave it a whole new look.  A darker tile replaced the dated sculpture stone top.

You can watch this episode along with other bathrooms I have designed on DIY Network BATHtastic!

EPISODE #208 'LEAVE ME A GNOME'

NEXT AIRDATES

January 17, 2:30 PM e/p   February 06, 12:00 PM e/p    March 15,  10:30 AM e/p      March 16, 5:30 PM e/p

LOOK FOR DESIGN CONSULTANT KELLI KAUFER!

go to website for all of my shows and airdates - www.kellikaufer.com 


Posted via email from kellikaufer's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment